- Check store circulars for advertised specials. Plan your menus around foods that are a good value; for example, raw foods are less expensive than prepared ones.
- Use coupons. If your client receives a newspaper, scan it for coupons from stores or manufacturers.
- Shop from your list. Don’t be tempted by items that are not on your list, even if they are on sale.
- Avoid convenience stores. Shopping at large supermarkets or discount stores usually guarantees you will get the best prices.
- Plan ahead. Knowing what you need before you run out will save you money. Planning will also save you time and energy. For example, you won’t have to make a special trip when you dis cover you’ve run out of laundry detergent.
Previous LessonNext Lesson