Legal & Ethical Guidelines
- Be honest at all times. Stealing, and lying about what care you provided or how long it took are examples of dishonesty.
- Protect clients’ privacy. Do not discuss their cases except with other members of the care team.
- Do not accept gifts or tips.
- Do not become personally or sexually involved with clients or family members.
- Report abuse or suspected abuse of a client.
- Follow the care plan / assignment.
- Do not perform any task outside your scope of practice.
- Report all client observations and incidents to your supervisor.
- Document accurately and on time.
- Follow OSHA rules about blood borne pathogens, standard precautions, and tuberculosis.